Foreign Credential Evaluation and Translation Services

credential evaluation

Everybody works hard to achieve things in life. It is the degrees we are after, first in school and then in college. And we all want to perform well at school to get good results. Many people take part in extra courses and diplomas to gather as many certificates as they can. Academic records are not simply used as proof of our qualifications but also as a way to succeed in the future. They help us land jobs or get admission to universities for further studies. Everyone is proud of their degrees because they remind us of their achievements. No matter how hard high school was for you or how tough the schedule in college was, your degrees prove that you made it through.

Most importantly, your documents stay hidden in a safe corner of your home. You don’t need them every day. If you tell your uncle you have cleared college, he won’t ask you to show him your degree; he will believe you. But there are a few instances when you will need your documents. It is not about the other person believing you but their position, which requires them to verify each person’s claim. So, if you are applying to a university for admission, you can’t just say that you have graduated because anyone can say that to the administration office. You must present proof of your foreign qualifications, including your birth certificates. Once you present your degree, official transcripts, and birth certificates, the university will know that you are telling the truth and are the right fit for the seat you are applying for.

But getting into a university isn’t the only time you must present your academic papers. The same rule applies when you want to get a job. You can’t just claim to have attended a certain college; you must present your degrees to back your statement. People have tried to submit fake degrees to get into universities and companies. Still, the detailed scrutiny of academic documents has saved these institutions from accepting the application of someone who isn’t legit.

credential evaluation
Calculate your certified translation cost now!
credential evaluation

Foreign Credential Evaluation:

There are instances when even your degrees can’t help you, and that’s when you are applying to foreign educational institutions for admission or a foreign company for a job. Each country’s education system is different. It is illogical to think that everyone in the world studies the same things in primary school. And even specialists in each country study different details about the same topics. One country’s 10th standard course or high school diploma may be more advanced than others simply because its students have been reading difficult things from the start. In such a situation, the degrees of one country may or may not be equal to the same qualifications in another country.

The process of evaluating the degrees issued by one country by the university or company of another country is referred to as foreign credential evaluation. It helps employers and admission officers understand the importance of the applicant’s knowledge and assign them to work or put them in classes accordingly. It is a useful way of assessing a foreign applicant’s education level. Their degree will not tell much to a foreign admission officer, but a credential evaluation expert can successfully analyze it.

Navigating the foreign credential evaluation process requires engaging professional services specializing in diploma translations and assessments of educational documents. A team of translators adept in both the official language of the destination country and the native language ensures accurate interpretation of foreign diplomas and degree certificates, overcoming potential language barriers. These services play a crucial role in establishing the level of education attained at a foreign university, facilitating seamless recognition by the education institution in the destination country.

credential evaluation

Foreign Credential Translation:

You will also need a translation of your degrees along with the evaluation. Sometimes, evaluation is also considered translating, but that’s not correct. Evaluation involves much more than translating; it is a more complicated process. But the two are closely related when foreign credentials are concerned. So, sometimes, it is preferred if the degrees are translated first because it will be easier for the evaluation expert to understand the documents and determine what they are equal to in the foreign land. Sometimes, a translation of the degrees may be required without evaluation. It is in situations when two countries’ degrees are of equal status or when you have studied at an internationally recognized institute.

Where to Get Foreign Credential Evaluation and Translation Services?

Students often don’t know much about these services, so they hire high-priced service providers. In truth, finding one agency that can help you with evaluation and translation is better. When you hire different people for both tasks, you will pay them more, and they may not even be qualified to handle the task.

When seeking foreign credential evaluation and translation services, individuals can turn to private agencies specializing in academic translations, offering English translations and thorough educational evaluations for international students planning to study in a foreign country.

These reputable services, staffed by native translators, collaborate with licensing boards, government agencies, and professional organizations to ensure accurate assessments of academic credentials from foreign institutions. The turnaround time for evaluation requests is typically within a few business days, providing a reliable resource for those navigating the complex landscape of foreign education and its recognition by academic institutions worldwide.

credential evaluation

When undertaking foreign credential translation for submission to the immigration department, individuals often enlist the services of a reliable translation agency to navigate the intricate translation process and ensure the accurate interpretation of foreign documents. Payment for such services is commonly facilitated through credit card transactions, streamlining the entire process for efficient submission and evaluation by the immigration department.

Some agencies offer both services. A lot of the time, their translators and evaluators work together. Your career and future depend on a correct educational evaluation. And the accurate evaluation depends on the right interpretation of your academic documents. You will risk your future if you don’t choose a reliable agency for the task. When authenticating foreign educational credentials, graduate students can rely on our qualified translators for human translations of academic transcripts, ensuring accuracy and adherence to the educational level standards set by the professional association dedicated to foreign degree translation.

What Does NACES Do?

NACES, or The National Association Of Credential Evaluation Services, is a non-profit organization in the US. The organization accredits companies that provide transcript evaluation services for degrees from non-US educational institutions. NACES accredits 19 companies. Universities that accept evaluations conducted by accredited members include the University of Michigan, the University of Washington, and the University of Nevada Las Vegas.

What is a foreign credential evaluation?

A foreign credential evaluation checks the equivalency of academic and professional degrees earned in one country and those earned in another. For example, if you are immigrating to the US for further studies or a job, you’ll need a credential evaluation service for your foreign transcripts before applying to a university. Your future employer will also need proof that your qualifications are not false, and that’s where a foreign credential evaluation is needed.

How do I get my foreign degree evaluated?

According to the State Department website, you can get your foreign degrees evaluated by a member organization of NACES(National Association for Credential Evaluation Services) or AICE (Association of International Credentials Evaluators).

NACES has 19 member organizations, and AICE has 10 member organizations.

It is also important to remember that these credential services are not free. You’ll have to pay the cost for the selected service. Moreover, the timeframe you’ll receive your credential evaluation report will depend on your case and the documentation provided.

Is Wes a member of Naces?

Yes, WES, or World Education Services, is a member of NACES and the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada.

Is Scholaro a Nace member?

Scholaro is not a NACES member. It is, however, an endorsed member of AICE and is accepted by all boards and organizations that accept AICE evaluations for institutions.

Can I get a job in the US with a foreign degree?

Yes, you can get a job in the US with a foreign degree and H-1B Visa. You need to provide proof of degree equivalency through evaluation organizations.

How does a credential evaluation work?

If you’re going with WES, the evaluation process follows these steps.

Submit your application

Receive a reference number

Send the required documents along with the reference number

Once they verify your credentials, they will create the report and send it to the recipients.

How long is Wes valid?

WES expiry is 5 years, meaning you can use it for five years from the issue date. You can continue using your WES ECA when submitting an express entry profile.

If you are looking for a reliable agency that can handle foreign credential translation and evaluation services, an agency like Certified Translation is a good choice. That way, you will get accurate evaluation and translation and won’t have to pay more than what is reasonable. When you contact a reliable service provider, you can also request urgent work. And they will do that without charging you extra.

Have questions or need a free quote?
Request quote
Google Rating
Based on 50 reviews