Foreign marriage certificate translation for USCIS

foreign marriage certificate translation

Planning a marriage overseas thinking it would be fun? And it would really be. There is so much to prepare for when it comes to marriage. Usually, people are so intermingled and preoccupied with so many tidbits of marriage that they forget some important things. Which important things they can be? Booking hotels? Buying tickets? Getting visas? Not really, this is what you will surely plan ahead of time when getting married. But the chances are that you might forget about your marriage certificate.

When planning a wedding in a country where English is not the official language, one may think marriage certificate translation is not important. Many intending couples get carried away by several other preparations of marriage that they do not remember they need  translation of marriage certificate for their home country. Newly wedded rarely have time to think of translation even after the wedding since they will be busy with several other things. However, this does not reduce the necessity of a foreign marriage certificate translation.

If you are getting married overseas because your spouse lives there, it can also be the case that you just went to a foreign country to get married. With all these specifications about your marriage, if supposedly you belong to the US, to come back home and register your marriage according to the rules of USCIS, you will have to get an English translation of the document if it is in any other language than English.

If you’re immigrating in the US or had your wedding in a non English speaking country you’ll need to translate your marriage certificate in English, and the translation needs to be certified under US regulations.

Why choose us to translate your marriage certificate?

we work around the clock
We work around the clock

You can get in touch at any time by phone, e-mail or live-chat on our website, we’re working around the clock to suit your needs, including during the weekend!

translation from any language
We translate any language

No matter what language your document is written in, we can translate it into English, even if it’s a rare language. We work with more than 2,400 translators around the world.

ready for uscis
Marriage certificate translation for USCIS

Or any other US institution. We follow the strict regulations of USCIS or US Government in our translation and we have an 100% acceptance rate for our work.

fast delivery by email
We deliver in 24 hours

You can have your marriage certificate translated and sent to you in 24 hours by e-mail. We can also send your translation by post for a small additional fee, or you can pick it up from our office in New York.

Calculate your certified translation cost now!

Why Would I Need A Certified Translation?

Another case which is commonly observed for this cause is immigration. If you plan to move to the US after marriage or you have to apply for immigration, you will need a certified translation of your marriage certificate for this purpose.

A certified marriage certificate translation is the one which is translated by a translator who is proficient in the two languages, especially the target language. In a certified translation, the translator attaches a statement which proves that he has translated the document to the best of his knowledge. Mistakes cannot be risked in such documents which are needed in your relationship with government bodies or higher authorities like a court of law.

In immigration procedures, the authorities and officials don’t accept anything less than high quality. It should be made sure that your translation is accurate and very clear for the purpose it is needed. Any mistakes may delay the process and hurdle your smooth immigration process.

marriage license translation
Marriage Certificate Translated

If you and your wife are getting married in another country where the official language differs from the language in your home country, you need to carry out foreign marriage certificate translation to translate the certificate to the language acceptable in your home country. This is because the authorities at home may not accept a marriage certificate written in a foreign language.

If you and your wife are relocating to a different country after your wedding and the language spoken in that new country differs from what is spoken in your home country, you need to get the marriage certificate translated into the official language of that new country.

Where will you find a certified translator, is the next question? Here, at Certified Translation, we provide you with nothing less than the best quality. We have a 100 percent acceptance rate at USCIS. So there is no chance that a document translated by us will be rejected. So you should not risk your documents with any ordinary agency that might charge you extra and give you lower quality. We make sure to work up to the satisfaction of our clients.

We deliver your documents in 24 hours and we are open 24/7. You can contact us anytime by live chat and we will handle your work from there. You can get the price quote in minutes and all your queries will be answered by our experienced project managers. We charge you very reasonable for your translations and we make sure not to compromise in quality or client satisfaction.

Should I Use A Certified Translator?

Your legal documents, like your marriage certificate, must be handled only by translators who can provide the certification. Make sure you only work with a professional translation company offering certified translations. The translation can be transformed into a legal record if it is certified. Such certified documents will be accepted by schools, government officials, courts and the like.

Before you carry out your foreign marriage certificate translation, first find out with the government agencies and organizations what their requirements are and what they expect to find in the document after translation. They will inform you if there are other documents you need to translate also.

why use a certified translator

Do I Only Need The Marriage Certificate Translated?

other certificates that need translation

Make sure you also translate your other legal documents along with the marriage certificate. Other documents, aside from the marriage certificate also need to be translated if you are going through the immigration process for example. A good example of such other documents is your birth certificate translation. If you have had divorce before and you are now applying for a marriage certificate in another country, that other country will need you to provide a translation of divorce certificate.

Have questions or need a free quote?